Sunday, August 30, 2009

What you did not see!


As stated above, the key to success is "sweat" and "mentorship." Here is the photo in it's entirety. What you did not see above is the "orange arm" almost pulling me through the finish line. A close, long time friend was excited when I decided to run the marathon. While he did not have time in his schedule to train that particular year for a marathon, he committed to making "me" successful. He put together a "marathon team" to run the marathon with me so I would have a different member of the team run "every step" of the way with me. Additionally, he ran the last 10K with me, himself ... PULLING ME THROUGH THE FINISH LINE IN JUST UNDER 4:50!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soldiers take care of soliders ... you always took are of use (even in the Midddle East) so we now take care of you on the run. WE LOVE YOU, SIR! HOOOAH!

Bourne11B said...

I could not have said it better myself. I wish I could have trained and been by your side the entire way! "FOLLOW ME"